You can never say no to sweets because their savoury taste and creamy texture invite you to take a bite. Sometimes, sweet cravings can happen out of nowhere and it is possible to get you at the worst time. This can be a scenario where your pantry is empty of chocolates, candies and anything sugar!
When that time comes, you know that it is a sign for you to head to the supermarket to refill your stock. While you are at it, you should look into the following recipes that are easy to do at home. To help you, you will find the ingredients needed and the steps for baking below:
- No-bake Oreo cheesecake
The no-bake Oreo cheesecake hits two birds with one stone; it satisfies your salty cravings and sweet tooth! The balance of cheese and salt create a taste you can never find anywhere else. Lucky for you, Bakery Komugiba shares with you the easy recipe for this dessert. Continue reading below to know the ingredients you need.
- Oreo packs
- Cream cheese of your choice
- Brown/white sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy whipping cream.
Once you have everything ready, it’s time to wear your baking apron and begin preparing this dessert!
- Open the pack of Oreos. If you have a food processor, you can put the cookies inside to break down into a fine powder. If you do not have a food processor, you can place all the cookies inside a Ziploc bag. Make sure to separate the cookies first so it would be easier for you to break them down.
- With a rolling pin or spoon, mash the cookies to break them into smaller pieces. Once you reach that state, roll your pin or spoon to smooth out the powder.
- On a heated pan, melt the butter until it turns into full liquid. Transfer the liquified butter into a bowl, then add the Oreo crumbs. Mix them until the crumbs get a moist consistency.
- Get a flat pan or container. Place a parchment paper then smooth it out to remove creases. Pour the Oreo and butter mixture into the container then level it out. Make sure that the base is levelled so that it will be sturdy and strong enough to hold the entire cake.
- Refrigerate the container while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- Dump all cream into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add the sugar and vanilla extract, then mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, pour all the heavy whipping cream. Mix the liquid until you reach a thick and stiff consistency. Once done, add the cream cheese mixture to the bowl and fold until thoroughly combined. If you want added texture, you can chop some Oreo cookies and add them to the mixture.
- Remove the oreo base from the refrigerator and start scooping the cheesecake mixture into the container. Make sure to spread the cheesecake filling evenly to make it look presentable.
- For the toppings, you can add whole or chopped oreo cookies.
- Once done, place the container back into the refrigerator and wait 4 to 5 hours or overnight. When it is chilled, slice the cake however you like and enjoy!
- Berry and yoghurt crumble
Sometimes, too much softness can be overwhelming. That’s when your mouth would start looking for something crunchy. If this is your dilemma, then this berry and yoghurt crumble recipe will satisfy your tastebuds. The good thing about this is it is easy to make! You would not break a sweat when doing so. Below is the list of ingredients you will need to prepare this recipe:
- All-purpose flour
- Superfine sugar
- Ground cinnamon/cinnamon powder
- Rolled oats or instant oats
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla or greek yoghurt
Once you have everything ready, it is time to clean your counters and wash your hands.
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees celsius. This is the right temperature to cook your ingredients.
- On a baking tray, place a non-stick sheet on top.
- On a heated pan, melt the butter until it is thoroughly liquified.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, sugar, oats and melted butter. Mix them all until well combined.
- On the baking tray, spread the mixture evenly. Place it inside the heated oven then wait for 20 to 25 minutes or until the colour is golden. Afterwards, take it out and let it cool.
- Get your berries. On a chopping board, cut them into halves or bite-sized pieces.
- In a wide-mouth cup, start to create a base of berries and baked oats. Then, add a layer of yoghurt on top. Do this alternately until you fill the cup to the brim.
- The easiest chocolate cake recipe
At some point in your life, you wondered what it is like to bake a chocolate cake. Well, Bakery Komugiba is here to share with you its easiest chocolate cake recipe. A lot of people have already tried this, and it blows their minds every time they finish. This is because of the exquisite and rich taste they have created throughout the process of baking.
If you are curious about this recipe, get to know the different ingredients you need:
- Brown/white/confectioners sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Cocoa powder
- Sour cream
- Dark chocolate
- Pouring cream.
Once you have everything ready, get all your baking materials because it is time to bake a delicious chocolate cake!
- Before anything else, preheat your oven to 160 degrees celsius. This will keep your oven toasty and maintain the right temperature for baking.
- Next, get your trusty cake tin and grease it. Doing so will prevent the mixture from sticking to the sides of the container.
- On a heated pan, melt the butter until it is fully liquidated.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sugar and melted butter. Beat together until the mixture is light and creamy. Afterwards, add the eggs and beat them well into the mixture.
- Next, sift the flour while adding it into the mixing bowl. Make sure to do this by batch so you will not have a hard time mixing.
- Then, sift the baking and cocoa powder into the mixture. Do it in batches.
- On a heated pan, melt the dark chocolate. Make sure that it gets a runny texture. Once done, add it into the bowl and mix it all until well combined.
- Pour your cake mixture into the greased cake tin and wipe away any excess.
- Place the cake tin inside the oven and wait until it is fully baked. To test if it is finished, prick the cake top with a toothpick. Upon removing, check if there is batter stuck on it. If there is, that means your cake needs more time to bake.
- While you are waiting for the cake to bake, you can begin preparing the chocolate glaze.
- In a saucepan, add the pouring cream and dark chocolate. Keep the heat at medium and mix until they are well combined. Once the mixture is smooth, turn off the heat and let the glaze stand for 5 minutes.
- Get the cake from the oven, then remove it from the tin. Once fully removed, pour the glaze on top, then serve.
Important reminders when baking
Here are some things you need to keep in mind while baking:
- Keep your hands clean
Before preparing or starting, you need to make sure your hands are free from dirt. Clean your hands by washing them thoroughly in a sink with antibacterial soap. Doing so will prevent any germs from contaminating your desserts.
- Keep your working area clean
It is normal to have a messy area while baking since you are working with lots of powders and cream. When you are done preparing or baking, make sure your working area is clean. Scrub off any hardened sugar and remove any grease. This will prevent any ants or other insects from entering your kitchen.
- Wear oven mitts
The oven will always be hot, and it is best to avoid having any burns. The best form of protection is to wear oven mitts. These thick hand gloves have so many cushioning layers that will prevent heat from getting in contact with your skin.
- Avoid expired ingredients
Never use expired ingredients when baking because this will affect the consistency of your desserts. Aside from that, you can also get sick if your raw ingredients are way past their shelf lives. For fresh ingredients, you can get all your baking needs from Bakery Komugiba in Japan!
- Share your blessings!
Baking pushes you to share your creations with the people close to you. This is also the perfect opportunity to get some feedback on your end product. With that knowledge, you know how to improve your baking.